Thursday, December 20, 2012

Shrink Plastic project.

Yesterday I spent time zentangling an entire sheet of white Grafix Shrink Film. I first started with the Sakura Micron ink pen but it tended to smear a lot. Grafix recommended that I use permanent markers. I wiped the Micron ink off & turned over the shrink film. I pulled out my set of Sakura Microperm pens 01, 03 & 05 in black ink. I did not draw any string but just started working one pattern at a time straight across. After 4 patterns in I decided to change it up adding patterns here & there. Here is the scan of the entire sheet before I cut it up.




I have never used shrink film before. I have seen projects for shrink film in the book Zentangle® 5 by Suzanne McNeill CZT. 
If you like making jewelry, this is a good book to add to your collection. She incorporates zentangle with leather, glass, domino's,  polymer clay, resin, bottle caps, wood, shrink film & abalone shell.

I am not following the specific instructions from the book. The instructions state to bake a test strip. I will cut one piece & use it for the test. Once I have an idea how much it really shrinks, then I can cut up the entire sheet.

This is a fun project so far. I love to make jewelry, so this will be a new addition to that hobby. I will post again with a follow up on this project. 

Enriching our lives through uncovering pathways.

No comments:

Post a Comment