Monday, March 11, 2013

Tangle Swap among CZT's

I have been busy with a new project. I have a group of about 15 CZT's that are doing a 4 tile ensemble swap. We are using 4 original tiles, pushed together to create a big square. The string we are using is made up of a capital M, right side up & upside down. Then we have a capital U laying sideways from one side to the other. I have just finished tangling the four tiles & fit them back together. I have them here for you to see.  



As you look along the right side You can notice the curve. This is the bottom of the U. You can click on the photo to see a close up.

These tiles have not been shaded at all. Official zentangle® tiles are not white. All of the tangles were done using the Sakura Micron pens & brush pen in black ink. I use the brush pen for coloring in the bigger areas of black ink. Not only does that go faster but the paper texture stays perfect.

I wanted you to see what this looks like before shading. Shading your drawings can give them more dimension & make things pop up, curve, bend & dip. I will post this again after the shading is completed. This will give you the opportunity to explore the differences. Pay attention to the far upper right hand corner. This tangle should stand out more after it is shaded.

I did add a thin frame around the four tiles. This could be framed now. Posting them with frames helps me to clean up the empty space from the scanned pictures. You can also do the same. I use PicMonkey.com. Most of the things on this site are free. You do not have to sign up either. If you want to do more elaborate things, they charge for those. You can play & try different settings until you find just the look you want.

I will be posting again with the tiles shaded & tell you more about this swap. Enjoy!


Enriching our lives through uncovering pathways!

No comments:

Post a Comment