Monday, January 7, 2013

Introducing my first zentangle pattern named ZOID.

On 1/4/13, I gave a hands on demo about zentangle® at The Expressive Arts Institute San Diego. I heard that we had 46 people that showed up. I started at 5 pm. The tables filled quickly & we had people sitting all around the room. No one realized that such a large group would show up.

People arrived all throughout the demo. This event was not a true class, but a demonstration that everyone could participate in. Zentangle is such a wonderful tool for everyone to use, it was important to introduce it. There are about six CZT's in Southern Ca. that teach classes, including myself. If you find that you would like to experience it in a real zen way, then please contact a CZT for a few classes. You can also look up any CZT's through the zentangle.com web site. We can be found teaching zentangle all around the world. I hope that you will start to practice what I shared with you.

Around 7 pm many people put their pieces on the table so we could all share what we created. Many had left before I was able to get photos of their art. I hope to post pictures later. One woman said that having people continue to come into the event all throughout the demo was nerve racking. She also commented that this did not seem to effect me. Fact is, that did not bother me. For a real class, this is not preferred to have people arriving all through a class. Set up & materials would also be different.

Shortly after 7 pm someone asked if I would teach some more patterns. She said she paid for a sitter & knew we would go to 7:30 pm. I invited everyone still there to take a seat & gave everyone the official tiles & pens to try out. All seven of them zentangled a tile, learning new patterns. I also taught them my own pattern that I have not shared before. I took pictures of these & will post later. They talked about how much nicer their art turned out using the official materials. Rick & Maria picked these materials because they are well suited for doing zentangle. They did the research to find the best suited materials. It really does make a difference!

I would like to thank The Expressive Arts Institute; Judith Greer Essex PhD., REAT & Wes Chester MA, CAGS for inviting me to do this demo & hosting the event! They did a great job! I would like to thank everyone who attended for participating in this event. I hope that you came away with a new tool for better wellness & had fun! I had so much fun, I left with an abundance of positive energy! 

I offer three zentangle classes. First class is the basic class. Second class is the intermediate class where you get more into shading. Third class is the advanced class. We also look at other mediums & using color to create Zia pieces. Other classes are offered doing special projects. All classes you will learn new patterns that are not published, You will also learn more about zentangle & understand the zen in zentangle. Classes are three hours per class. Class length can be modified to suit you or your groups. I will teach where ever you chose. More information on classes given when you contact me at (619) 409-4997.

I now introduce the pattern I created & named Zoid. I created this pattern before I became a CZT. I had really gotten into the practice of doing zentangle. Zoid is very useful as a filler pattern but also can stand alone. It follows the true concept of a zentangle pattern. It involves making slightly curved lines. If you think about the shape of an almond shaped eye, then you have it. 

                    Here is the step out on how to create Zoid.





There are so many variations you can do to Zoid. This one just below stands out more on it's own. I did this one on 9/27/11 before I became a CZT.





This one below I did on 9/29/11



                                     This one below I did in Sept. 2011. 


I use Zoid often when I zentangle. I love it & create variations to suit me. It is one of the easiest patterns to use. I have also used the basic outside form & filled it with dots instead of curved lines. Enjoy!

              Enriching our lives through uncovering pathways.

2 comments: