Sunday, January 13, 2013

The web site for Uncovering Pathways does not represent me.

One of my host sites offered to build me a web site for free. I was told that I would be able to review it, make changes & launch it. I was interviewed by phone & the designers went to work. When they had completed the site they notified me to check it out.

After I looked at the site I canceled it. I did not launch it. The words they used were not the words I use. In fact I am offended. The site is misleading. It does not represent the way I speak or my business. 

I have been billed for this account right from the beginning & I am still being charged. They did not honor the free web design as promised.

I recently came across the web site on-line. I called the company & was on hold for over 20 minutes before being transferred around from one person to the next. After almost one hour all I could accomplish was to get a service tech. to cancel my account, or so I was told.

I have received a message that my account has been cancelled. Another message came asking for my feedback. I filled out the short survey.

I checked to see if the web site was gone. No it was not. It is still up as of a few minutes ago. Just the other day this company was advertising on TV that they will build free web sites, & if you like it, then they will charge a nominal fee every month. This site is web.com the same site that I am having challenges with. I do not recommend that anyone take up this offer. If you do not like how they do business, as has been my experience, then do not take them up on their offer. Some people may like what they can accomplish, but if you want to cancel you may find it very challenging.

I intend to keep working on growing this blog. Some day in the future I will create my own web sites. So please, if you have seen the web site, I apologize for this misleading & non -representational site. I will continue to work at having it pulled off the Internet. This blog represents me & what I am accomplishing.

I hope you will continue to follow my blog as it grows & develops. Thank you.

Enriching our lives through uncovering pathways!

No comments:

Post a Comment