Wednesday, January 16, 2013

There are misleading blogs about what zentangle® is.

Yesterday I heard about a blog that seemed to misrepresent zentangle. I checked it out & sure enough it does not have correct information. The person does not identify their self on their own site. Turns out his name is Craig. He is using other peoples work & posting it. I do not know if he has permission from them.

He talks about zendoodling & zentangling as if these were interchangeable. They are not. He is not a CZT. He does not understand what true zentangle is. He runs a lot of ads all over his site. This seems to be the purpose of his site. He earns money having these ads posted everywhere. I have posted a comment on his site. I do expect that he has deleted it.

As true CZT's, we do not use zentangle in our site names. I am not posting the name of his site, as I am not recommending anyone to visit. There are many real CZT's that have wonderful sites that are not misleading. I encourage you to check them out. I do want you to be educated so that you re not mislead. You can always check out the zentangle.com site to find people who are qualified CZT's.

To do a zentangle is unlike any experience you would have doing a doodle. They are really very different. There are many health benefits to zentangle, both mental & physical.

Enriching our lives through uncovering pathways!

No comments:

Post a Comment